Data exchange using midocean FTP and API services
midocean is offering various services to use our product data within your own ecommerce and IT solutions.
We’re distinguishing the following services
- FTP services: We’re offering (xml) files holding product- and stock data that you can retrieve from our FTP server and use within your own solutions.
- API services: Using this method you may retrieve customer specific product prices, but you can for instance also create an order directly into the midocean system right from your own solution. Using the API services requires technical know-how, but is more efficient for larger companies.
Note: Be aware that to have access to the FTP or API services authorization has to be given to you. In order to get such authorization please contact your regular midocean Sales person or ask for API access using the contact form. You’ll receive access codes for our services including a manual on how to use these.
midocean FTP services
Once access to our FTP solution has been granted you may download the following information using FTP:
- Stock Information: with this XML you can upload in your system the current stock levels of our entire stock product assortment. The data is updated every hour.
- Product Information for regular and textile items: with this XML you can upload in your system all product information that we have available in our webshop, including all product descriptions in most European languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Hungarian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian and Swedish. Updated daily.
- Printing Information for regular and textile items: with this XML you can upload in your system all printing options that are available for the midocean products: All Print Positions, the available Printing Techniques per Position, the Max print sizes and the Max print colours. Updated daily.
- USB Product & Accessories Information: on this XML you can find all product information of our successful USB collection. You can import all this information in your database to be shown on your website.
- USB Pricing Information: this XML is updated on a Weekly basis, showing the latest pricing on our USB Product line. This way you will be able to show to your customers (once you have synchronized your database with this file) the most accurate and lowest price on USB products.
Note: At this moment, midocean only offers these files in XML-format. A csv or Excel file currently isn’t available.
midocean API services
Using these more extended web services you will be able to do the following:
- Print Pricelist Web Service: This Web Service will return an XML containing the print prices per print technique and handling costs for each code, the price that you see will be the same prices that you can see on the midocean Webshop or the one that will be given by Customer Care.
- Pricelist Web Service: in order to keep the cost prices updated in your database we strongly recommend the use of this Pricelist web service. This service will return an XML which contains the specific customer pricing per item (any discount or condition that you have will be reflected on this file). The price that you see will be the same prices that you can see on the midocean Webshop or the one that will be given by Customer Care.
- Order Entry: this Web Service will allow you to place orders to midocean without the need to use the Webshop or to call Customer Care. The Web Service will receive an input XML file that will contain all order details and will return the order confirmation along with the order number and pricing details. You can integrate this functionality in your ERP system or directly on your Website, so when a customer places an order the order is transferred directly to midocean.
- Order Details: This Web Service will return an XML containing fully updated order details for any of your orders placed in our midocean systems.
- Order Tracking: This Web Service will return an XML containing updated tracking information for your orders, including forwarder ID and the tracking link.
Note: Be aware that to have access to the FTP or API services authorization has to be given to you. In order to get such authorization please contact your regular midocean Sales person or ask for API access using the contact form. You may also use this contact form in case you have any other questions regarding our FTP and API services.