When we refer to ‘we’ or ‘midocean’ in this policy we are referring to Mid Ocean Group B.V. and all its affiliates. You can find out details of our affiliates on our website here.
For any privacy or personal data related questions, please direct your (electronic) mail to:Midocean
Data Protection Officer
6718 XZ EDE
Personal Data (in privacy law terms: Personal Identifiable Information) is any data that by itself or combined with other data can identify you as a person. Your social security number (unique) is Personal Data, but also your name combined with your e-mail address (combined unique) is Personal Data. In general, midocean only collects standard Personal Data such as your name, business mail address, (business) e-mail address, phone number et cetera.
Let us start with your data protection rights:
- you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us;
- you have the right to access and correct your personal data;
- you have the right to ask us to restrict processing, and/or request portability of your personal data;
- you also have the right to be forgotten, (although all of the foregoing rights are subject to some conditions and exceptions forced by law);
- similarly, if we have collected and process your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You must be able to provide your name and email address or other information sufficient to allow us to identify you. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We collect not personalised data throughout your visit (before and after login) to improve our offering to all our customers. Next to that we will use the IP address you are using to enter the site, to determine from which country you are accessing the website. That way we will be able to show you the correct webshop in the correct language. The IP address will not be stored for this purpose.
If you do not agree with the way we handle your personal data or you would like to exercise your rights please get in touch as follows:
You can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO): by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think that midocean is not handling your personal data in accordance with the relevant legislation, you are also free to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Now you know your rights, here is the remaining important information you should be familiar with:
Personal Data we collect and process
Categories of data subjects from whom we may collect data:
- employees and former employees including volunteers, agents, individual contractors, temporary or casual workers;
- applicants who have applied for employment;
- relatives, guardians or associates of employees, former employees or applicants;
- contractors, agents, consultants and suppliers both past and present and their individual employees or representative;
- customers and former customers and their employees or representatives, which may include clients of our customers and former customers;
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have registered with us to obtain information on products and/or services offered; and
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have visited the website.
Information may include:
- browser and device information;
- server log file information;
- personal data collected through cookies and other internet data collection technologies;
- demographic information and other information provided by you;
- financial details;
- complaints or grievances;
- contact details, being corporate contact details where appropriate, including email, postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers;
- purchasing habits and customers;
- customer preferences;
- in addition, with respect to employees, former employees and applicants the additional categories of data may include:
- Personal details;
- Family circumstances;
- Employment details;
- Financial details;
- Complaints or grievances;
- Email and postal addresses;
- Telephone and facsimile numbers;
- Limited sensitive data, physical and/or mental health or condition collected in the ordinary course of the employment relationship.
How we collect Personal Data
We collect personal data in a variety of ways, including:
- From you directly;
- Through this site: we may collect personal data through the website when you visit;
- Through business interaction: We may collect personal data through your or your employer’s business interaction with our employees or offices;
- From other sources: We may receive personal data from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms, employment or recruitment agencies; or other third parties;
For what purpose do we process personal data
Midocean uses personal data for the following purposes:
- Contract; to enter into contracts and to perform those contracts;
- Marketing purposes;
- Security and integrity of midocean and our websites;
- Product and services innovation;
- Employee administration;
- Analysis of trends and statistical data.
On what basis do we collect and process your Personal Data
Midocean will not ask you to consent to the use of your personal data except for in exceptional circumstances and other then mentioned under (ii) in the previous paragraph. If you have given consent to the use of your personal data you can withdraw it at any time. However, withdrawing your consent may have consequences, e.g. on how a specific app works.
If you use the website to apply for work at midocean, the personal data you provide will be used to evaluate your candidacy for job opportunities with midocean and to monitor recruitment statistics. We may use third parties to help us to do that. We use contact data from our applications to contact those individuals whose backgrounds most closely meet our requirements to schedule a personal interview. As a global business, we may transfer your details outside your home country and to other midocean affiliated entities. We may retain de-personalized statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but individuals should not be identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with midocean, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage, we will also give them more details about how we collect and process employee data and on what legal basis.
How we operate
Midocean will not give or sell any information regarding you or your order and the products or services you purchase to any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent, save the limited circumstances outlined in this policy.
Your personal data may be shared with group companies, agents, contractors or vendors of midocean who provide data processing services to us or who otherwise process personal data for the purpose of performing services for you or us or for the purpose notified to you when we collected your personal data. We may disclose personal data when required to by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, in response to a lawful request by public authorities, a court order or a legal process served on us.
Midocean uses all efforts to safeguard your personal data. We use what we consider to be reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the personal data under our control and to comply with the security requirements under the GDPR.
Social Media features
Links to third-party websites and services
Retention of personal data
We retain personal data we have collected from you only for as long as the personal data is necessary for the purpose for which it is being processed (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate interest in processing your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in the backup archives) we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Midocean is a global business. As a result, the personal data that we collect from you and process may be transferred to, and stored at any of our locations which may be inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Data may also be processed by third parties around the world who work for us or for one of our suppliers/vendors. These parties may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your information requests, meeting your orders and the provision of support services. We ensure that either the country where the organization is vested has an adequate level of protection or that we have concluded separate agreements with those parties and that these agreements comply with the European standard, such as the EU’s model clauses.
Operational Cookies are required for the proper operation of the midocean website, allowing you to move freely around and use secure areas of our website. These cookies allow our web pages to load faster and improve service performance. Generally, we use the following cookies:
cookie_banner_closed - This is an operational cookie used by midocean to display a cookie and privacy message at the top of our website. When the cookie banner is closed this cookie is set on your browser and the message will not display again, unless you clear your cookie history in your browser, then it will re-appear. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
SecureSessionID - This is an operational cookie used by midocean to prevent any ‘hijacks’ while you are using our site, by making the session secure. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
pst_* - This is an operational cookie used by midocean so when you log into our website and close down your browser without logging out, we then keep you persistently logged in, we will prompt you to log back in to re-confirm who you are. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
>pref - This is an operational cookie that is used to set your language and geography preference by midocean. The next time you visit our site your language and geography will be set for you. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
sess - This is an operational cookie which allows you as a user to use midocean’s website, it makes our site work. This is called a session cookie and temporary in it use. Once you close your browser the session cookie is no longer used. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
*Country_code - This cookie stores the country from which the website is accessed and used for logistic information and transport pricing within the midocean web shop. Any data collected will not be shared with any 3rd party.
Third Party Cookies
These cookies are called _utma, _utmz, _ga, _gid, attribution_x_, Grm-google tag manager and Cfduid - pingdom
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to change your cookie settings
Cookie settings can be changed in the settings of most web browsers. You may refuse to accept cookies by modifying the settings on your browser, for example :
For Internet Explorer ™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
For Safari ™: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
For Opera ™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note, if you choose to block cookies via the browser, you may not be able to access certain parts or functions of this website.
Last Updated November 2018